Pages

Jul 31, 2010

Labour Pains


If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.

All work and no play makes Jack incapable of being able to rhyme. Yet again, Mrs Johns and I are on holiday, so here's a programme about our seeming inability to work for prolonged periods without the need for an extended rest. I'm not entirely convince by the sentiment of Right To Work by Chelsea, but I am convinced by the song. Another favourite this week is the Feelies tune. Worth seeking out the whole record. After all this typing, I need a lie down.
  1. Summertime Blues, Blue Cheer, Vincebus Eruptum, 1968, Phillips
  2. The Book Lovers, Broadcast, Work And Non Work, 1997, Warp
  3. Work Out, Alan Hawkshaw, The Big Beat, 1969, KPM
  4. Money In My Pocket, U Roy and Dennis Brown
  5. Forces at Work, The Feelies, Crazy Rhythms, 1980, Stiff
  6. Operator's Manual, Buzzcocks, Love Bites, 1978, United Artists
  7. Plastic Factory, Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band, Safe As Milk, 1967, Buddah
  8. Factory Grime, Crushed Butler, 1970, EMI
  9. Repetition, The Fall, Psycho Mafia EP, 1978, Step Forward
  10. My Hands Are Yellow (From the Job That I Do), The Del-Byzanteens, Girl's Imagination 12", 1981, DFOTM
  11. Lost My Job, Alex Chilton, 19 Years: A Collection Of Alex Chilton, 1985, Rhino
  12. Right to Work, Chelsea, 7", 1977, Step Forward
  13. Part Of The Union, The Strawbs, Bursting At The Seams, 1973, A&M
  14. Take This Job and Shove It, Dead Kennedys, Bedtime For Democracy, 1986 Alternative Tentacle

No comments: