If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
Often when the family Johns returns to the old country, I ask my dad to get me some records from my collection in storage. And so this week's playlist was selected by my dad at random when we back last week. He picked a pretty varied and occasionally esoteric collection, including: pioneering electronic composer Bruce Haack, which I was given and never played; Glaswegian electro-punkers The Magnificents, which they gave me and I never played; and Loop spin-off, The Hair and Skin Trading Co., which I played once and didn't like. Can't say I do now, but it's on the list. And he honestly picked Stereolab at random too. So I picked one of my favourite bass performances.
- Love is a Beautiful Thing The Young Rascals You Better Run 7" 1966 Atlantic
- Amore de Carnaval Jorge Ben O Bidu OMC
- Lady of the Dancing Water King Crimson Lizard 1971 Atlantic
- The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus) Yes Fragile 1972 Atlantic
- And You Tried So Hard Gong Camembert Electrique 1971 Virgin
- Kyrie Eleison The Electric Prunes Release of an Oath 196X Reprise
- The Green Manalishi Fleetwood Mac Jumping At Shadows 1968 CBS
- Bog Roll Blues The Groundhogs Who Will Save Us? 1972 United Artists
- Super Finger Bruce Haack Rock Home, The Best of Dimension 5
- Ruckzack Kraftwerk Kraftwerk 1970 Phillips
- Deadbeat Descendent The Fall Seminal Live 1986 Beggars Banquet
- Black Sun Loop Black Sun 12" 1988 Chapter 22
- Ground Zero The Hair and Skin Trading Co. Ground Zero 12"
- Kids Now The Magnificents Kids Now 12" 2001 Erkrankung Durch Musique
- Vonal Declosion Stereolab Margarine Eclipse 2004 Elektra