The JBs: one of the hardest working and most-fined bands in show business.
If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
This week, we pay tribute to the men and women who made other men and women more famous while standing at the back. Some of them went on to fame and fortune of their own. from the legendary Shadows, heard here accompanying Sir Cliff on "In the country," to the less well know Rockets, who would later become Neil Young's Crazy Horse and the even more obscure and woefully named Ronno, aka The Spiders From Mars.
- Apache The Shadows 1999
- In the Country Cliff Richard & The Shadows In the Country 1966 EMI
- Take It Easy Eagles Eagles 1972 Asylum
- Beat of a Different Drum The Stone Poneys Evergreen, Volume 2 1967 Capitol
- Powers of Darkness Ronno 4th Hour of My Sleep 7" 1971 Vertigo
- Black Country Rock David Bowie The Man Who Sold The World 1972 RCA
- Let Me Go The Rocket The Rockets 1968 Rev-Ola
- Come on Baby Let's Go Downtown Neil Young & Crazy Horse Tonight's the Night 1977 Reprise
- Up on cripple creek The Band The Band 1969 Capitol
- Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window Bob Dylan 7" CBS
- C30, C60, C90, Go! Bow Wow Wow Cassette Single/Cassingle 1980 EMI
- Digital Tenderness Adam & The Ants Dirk Wears White Sox 1979 Do It
- Balance Funkadelic America Eats Its Young 1972 Westbound
- Superbad James Brown 7" 1970 King
- Rag momma rag The Band The Band 1969 Capitol