A double act of repute. I once made a pizza for Syd Little (left) in the Brighton London Road branch of Pizzahut.
If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
This week, we listen to 55 minutes of collaborations, duos and man-and-wife acts. We begin with an infamous team formed by the monstrous Ike Turner and the incredible Tina singing "I don't believe W You Say." Another split marriage – Linda and Richard Thompson – is reprised on the programme singing the achingly lovely "Dimming of the Day." Then we have a few interesting collaborations - John Cale with Terry Riley and Brian Eno as well as Jimmy Tenor and Tony Allen. Last but not least, the finest duo of them all, Nancy and Lee.
- I Can't Believe What You Say Ike & Tina Turner 7" 1964 Kent
- Sidra's Theme Ronnie & Robyn 7" Sidra
- Reynardine Shirley Collins & Davey Graham Folk Roots, New Routes 1964 Decca
- The Time Has Come Bert Jansch & John Renbourn Bert And John 1966 Transatlantic
- Dimming of the day Richard & Linda Thompson Pour Down Like Silver 1975 Island
- I Know You Love Me Not Julie Driscoll & Brian Auger Jules & Brian 1969 Polydor
- Some Velvet Morning Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood Some Velvet Morning 7" 1968 Reprise
- Kick Out The Chairs James Murphy & Nancy Wang DFA
- Birdman: The Workshop McDonald & Giles McDonald & Giles 1970 Island
- By The Sea Wendy & Bonnie Genesis 1969 Skye
- The Soul Of Patrick Lee John Cale & Terry Riley Church Of Anthrax 1970 Columbia
- Lay My Love Brian Eno & John Cale Wrong Way Up 1990 Island
- Against The Wall Jimi Tenor and Tony Allen Inspiration Information 4 2009 Strut
- Bat Macumba Gilberto Gil & Caetano Veloso Tropicália: ou Panis et Circenses 1968 Polygram
- Vivo Ou Morto Nelson Angelo & Joyce Nelson Angelo e Joyce 1972 Odeon
- Out On The Side Dillard & Clark The Fantastic Expedition Of Dillard & Clark 1968 A&M