If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
This week's show is inspired by the nefarious pleasures of watching hours and hours of American television. The playlist rather speaks for itself. Highlights are Broadcast's modern psyche classic "Pendulum" and Public Eney's nifty sampling of Slayer's "Angel of Death" in "She Watch Channel Zero." And I didn't even play the normal or the Stooges (an oversight on my part).
- The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, Gil Scott-Heron, 1974, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, Flying Dutchman RCA
- Pendulum, Broadcast, 2003, Ha Ha Sound, Warp
- Program, Silver Apples, 2000, Silver Apples, Kapp
- Television rules the nation, Daft Punk, 2005, Human after all, Virgin
- See No Evil, Television, 1977, Marquee Moon, Elektra
- Television Girl, Atlantics, 1979, Big City Rock, ABC
- The Glittering Prizes, Television Personalities, 1981, And Don't the Kids Just Love It, Rough Trade
- MTV Get Off The Air, Dead Kennedys, 1985, Frankenchrist, Alternative Tentacles
- Telstar, The Tornados, 1962, 7", Decca
- TV Set, The Cramps, 1980, Songs the Lord Taught Us, Illegal
- She Watch Channel Zero, Public Enemy, 1988, It Takes A Nation Of Millions to Hold Us Back, RQF-DMC
- Kill Your Television, Ned's Atomic Dustbin, 1991, God Fodder, Columbia
- Antichrist Television Blues, Arcade Fire, 2007, Neon Bible, Merge
- Television Man, Talking Heads, 1985, Little Creatures, Sire