If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
To mark the independence of Istanbul from the tyranny (and orderliness) of the British occupation, it's indie week. So shake the mothballs off your brown cardigan, scuff up your Doc Martens and get yourself a bottle of Thunderbird blue. A few gems, including the Flatmates, who I saw at the Rumble Club in T. Wells in 1989. I became very drunk on sweet cider and remember little of the gig, except that it was very, very trebly. I even don't remember my girlfriend at the back of the hall copping off with some other bloke.
- The Cutter, Echo & The Bunnymen, Porcupine, 1983, Korova
- Draygo's Guilt, The Fall, The Wonderful and Frightening World of the Fall, 1984, Beggars Banquet
- Bachelor Kisses, The Go Betweens, Spring Hill Fare, 1984, Sore
- You've Got Everything Now, The Smiths, The Smiths, 1984, Rough Trade
- The Great Escape, The Chills, Kaleidoscope World , 1986, Creation/Flying Nun
- Could You be the One?, Hüsker Dü, Warehouse: Songs and Stories, 1987, Warner
- Darklands, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Darklands, 1987, Blanco Y Negro
- Take Me To The Other Side, Spacemen 3, The Perfect Prescription, 1987, Fire
- Pond Song, Dinosaur Jr, Bug, 1988, SST
- Heaven Knows, The Flatmates, 12”, 1988, The Subway Organization
- Where Is My Mind?, Pixies, Surfer Rosa, 1988, 4AD
- Drive Blind, Ride, 12", 1990, Creation
- Every Picture I Paint, Teenage Fanclub, A Catholic Education, 1990, Paperhouse
- Only Shallow, My Bloody Valentine, Loveless, 1991, Creation