If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
It's Afrobeat week. There's nothing to particularly link these tunes this week, other than they are all infectiously groovy. Particluar highlights are Fela Kuti's Funky Horn and W'awu Do Ho No by Alex Konadu. I cheated slightly with the Afrobeat pastiche tune by the Daktaris but it's still a fly number.
- Obirin African (Woman of Africa), Afro-Drum Ensemble/Art Blakey, The African Beat, 1962, Blue Note
- Funky Horn, Fela Kuti and Koola Lobitas, The 1969 Los Angeles Sessions, Barclay
- Disillusioned, Demon Fuzz, Afreaka!, 1970, Dawn
- Afro strut, The Nite-Liters, Instrumental Directions, 1972, RCA Victor
- Headman, Johnny Pate, Shaft In Africa (OST), 1973, MGM
- Takuta, Olatunji, Soul Makossa, 1973, Paramount
- Eyi Su Ngaangaa, The Sweet Talks, The Kusum Beat, 1976, Philips/EMI
- Kwaku Ananse, The Apagya Show Band, Ghana Soundz 2002 Soundway
- W'awu Do Ho No, Alex Konadu
- Because Of Money, The 3rd Generation
- Hole In The Roof, African Head Charge, Great Vintage Volume 1, 1989, On-U Sound
- Super Afro Beat, The Daktaris, Soul Explosion, 1998, Desco
- Hussel, Afrikan Boy/M.I.A., Kala, 2007, XL
- Against The Wall, Jimi Tenor and Tony Allen, Inspiration Information 4, 2009, Strut