Pages

Nov 26, 2011

Andrew Blake


 
If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
 
I am delighted to present nine tracks selected by my very special guest and dear friend Andrew Blake. Andrew's career in music spans more than 20 years and includes stints in Primal Scream, Felt, Biff Bang Pow, Mexico 70 and Imitation Electric Piano. He takes us on a musical journey not only from the north to south of Britain and over the Atlantic, but also through his personal love of music, from the pub rock classic by Wreckless Eric "Whole Wide World" to the sophistry of Steely Dan's "Reelin' in the years."
  1. Whole Wide World    Wreckless Eric    7"    1974    Stiff
  2. Hit me with your rhythm stick    Ian Dury & The Blockheads    Hit me with your rhythm stick 7"    1978    Stiff
  3. Primitive Painters    Felt    Primitive Painters 7"    1985    Cherry Red
  4. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now    The Smiths    Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now 7"    1984    Rough Trade
  5. Do It Clean    Echo & The Bunnymen    Crocodiles    1980    Korova
  6. The Day I Went Down To Texas    Orange Juice    Texas Feeling    1984    Polydor
  7. Miss California Toothpaste 1972    Biff Bang Pow!    Love Is Forever    1988    Creation
  8. Reelin In The Years    Steely Dan    Can't Buy A Thrill    1973    ABC
  9. I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You    Tom Waits    Closing Time    1973    Asylum



No comments: