Rather pleasingly, this is the first image that appears when you type "art" into Google image search.
If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
The theme this week is art. For no particular reason other than it throws up some interesting song choices. One of them is a sweet love song by Teenage Fanclub called "Every Picture I paint," from my favourite TF record A Catholic Education. D. Bowie gets another outing this week with "Andy Warhol" (minus the irritating studio banter), which apparently Andy Warhol didn't like. And we close with one of my least favourite bands, The Stone Roses. It's a nice song, however.
- Art For Art's Sake, 4:22, 10cc, 1976, How Dare You!, Mercury
- Andy Warhol, 3:57, David Bowie, 1971, Hunky Dory, RCA
- Painter Man, 2:54, The Creation, 1967, We Are Painter Men, Hit-Ton
- Pictures Of Matchstick Men, 3:12, Status Quo, 1968, Nuggets II: Original Artyfacts From The British Empire And Beyond, 1964-1969, Pye
- Canvas, 2:33, Brian Bennett, 2004, Instro-Hipsters A Go-Go! Vol. 4, Past & Present
- Take-off artist song, 2:36, The Holy Modal Rounders, 1969, The Moray Eel Eats the Holy Modal Rounders, Elektra
- Every Picture I Paint, 3:24, Teenage Fanclub, 1990, A Catholic Education, Paperhouse
- Ritual 1, 2:11, The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, 1968, Volume 3: A Child's Guide to Good and Evil, Reprise
- In The Land Of The Few, 3:58, Love Sculpture, 1968, Nuggets II: Original Artyfacts From The British Empire And Beyond 1964-1969, Parlophone
- The Theme, 6:12, Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers, 1955, At the Cafe Bohemia. Volume One, Blue Note
- Pablo Picasso, 4:22, The Modern Lovers, 1976, Modern Lovers, Beserkley
- Painting Box, 4:04, Incredible String Band, 1967, The 5000 Spirits Or The Layers Of The Onion, Elektra
- Breaking Lines, 2:57, The Pastels, 1986, Truck Train Tractor 7" , Glass
- Take a picture, 3:09, Margo Guryan, 1968, Take A Picture, Oglio
- Made Of Stone, 4:17, The Stone Roses, 1989, The Stone Roses, Silvertone