What Shellac looks like.
If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
This week's programme is a brief listen to some of the bands that have spun off from some other bands. More specifically, from the hundreds that exist, 14 tracks from my collection that came to mind. The designation is a bit loose when it comes to the Dukes of the Stratosphear, which was more of a pastiche side project. And the Burritos were eclipsed before and after in popularity and sales by the Byrds. But I think you get the point. Some bands are bigger than others, some bands' mothers are bigger than other bands' mothers.
- 10538 Overture, The Electric Light Orchestra, The Electric Light Orchestra, 1971, Harvest
- What In The World?, The Dukes of the Stratosphear, 25 o'clock, 1985, Virgin
- Steady As She Goes, Shellac, Excellent Italian Greyhound, 2007, Touch & Go
- Sin City, The Flying Burrito Brothers, The Gilded Palace Of Sin, 1969, A&M
- Public Image, Public Image Ltd, Public Image, 1979, Virgin
- O Caroline, Matching Mole, Matching Mole, 1971, CBS
- I Want You ('Feel So Sad' 7" B-Side Version), Spiritualized, The Complete Works Volume One, 1991, Fierce/Dedicated
- Flight of the Ibis, McDonald and Giles, McDonald & Giles, 1970, Island
- Definitive Gaze, Magazine, Real Life, 1978, Virgin
- Caresse, Psychic TV, Force The Hand Of Chance, 1982, Some Bizarre
- Blank Generation, Richard Hell & the Voidoids, Blank Generation, 1977, Sire
- Bach Ze, The High Llamas, Snowbug, 1999, V2
- All Night Disco Party, The Brakes, 7", 2005, Rough Trade
- Ace of spades, Motorhead, Ace Of Spades, 2000, Bronze