If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
This programme is the first of the new season. Not that you'd notice after such smooth transition. Taking the baton from former guest Etien Rodes some months ago, this week's show presents 5o minutes of cover versions. We've heard the Vandellas classic version of Heatwave, so here is the Who's amphetamine-fueled response. Also on offer is the Residents' chilling This is a Man's Man's Man's Man's World.
- Heat Wave, The Who, A Quick One, 1966, Reaction
- Summertime Blues, Blue Cheer, Vincebus Eruptum, 1968, Phillips
- Kentucky Woman, Deep Purple, The Book Of Taliesyn, 1968, Harvest
- I'll Keep It With Mine, Nico, Chelsea Girl, 1968, Verve
- Dear Landlord, Fairport Convention, Unhalfbricking, 1969, Island
- I See You, Yes, Yes, 1969, Atlantic
- I'm a Believer, Robert Wyatt, 7", 1974, Virgin
- David Watts, The Jam, All Mod Cons, 1978, Polydor
- Goldfinger, Magazine, Touch and Go 7", 1978, Virgin
- This is a Man's Man's Man's Man's World, The Residents, 7", 1984, Ralph
- Mary Anne, Spacemen 3, Sound Of Confusion, 1986, Fire
- Just Got Paid, Rapeman, Two Nuns and a Pack Mule, 1989, Touch and Go,
- Superstar, Sonic Youth, If I were a Carpenter, 1994, A&M
- Leave Them All Behind, Whitey, The Light at the End of the Tunnel is a Train, 2004, 1234