Pages

Sep 16, 2012

Women songs


 
  If the audio stops playing, press stop and allow time for the stream to load.
 
After last week's "man" play list, this week we listen to songs performed and/or written by women with women in the title. And a rather neat play list it is too. Many thanks to our listeners who contributed to the selection via the power of social networking.
  1. Lonely Woman    Stan Kenton and June Christy    Duet    Capitol    1955
  2. See Line Woman    Nina Simone    Broadway-Blues-Ballads    Philips    1964
  3. I'm a Good Woman    Barbara Lynn    I'm a Good Woman 7"    Tribe    1966
  4. Do Right Woman, Do Right Man    Etta James        MCA    1993 (recorded 1967)
  5. I'm A Woman    Shocking Blue    At Home    Pink Elephant    1969
  6. Woman Of The Ghetto    Marlena Shaw    The Spice of Life     Cadet    1969
  7. To the Other Woman (I'm the Other Woman)    Doris Duke    To the Other Woman (I'm the Other Woman) 7"    Contempo-Raries    1970
  8. Clean Up Woman    Betty Wright    7"    Alston    1971
  9. I Am Woman    Helen Reddy    I Am Woman 7"    Capitol    1971
  10. A Woman Left Lonely    Janis Joplin    Pearl    Columbia    1971
  11. Gold Dust Woman    Fleetwood Mac    Rumours    Warner    1977
  12. I'm Every Woman    Chaka Kahn    I'm Every Woman 7"    Warner    1978
  13. Woman In Love    Barbra Streisand    Guilty    Columbia    1980
  14. Woman of Heart and Mind    Minnie Riperton    The Best of Minnie Riperton    Capitol    1981
  15. Lady With The Braid    Dory Previn    Mythical Kings And Iguanas    United Artists    1971
     

No comments: